Dollface Glue-Free Falsies™ are about 28 mm wide and can be trimmed up to 2 mm at the outer edge. Because Dollface only has three magnets, be careful to not trim off the outer edge magnet.
Audrey and Olivia are about 30 mm wide and can be trimmed up to 5 mm at the outer edge. Because Audrey and Olivia have 5 magnets, you can trim up to two magnets off the lash band. (You need three magnets remaining to attach the tiny wefts.)
Some factors to consider:
- Most of our customers wear 28 mm wide Glue-Free Falsies™. If you have average-size eyes, the 28 mm with likely work for you. However, the size of your eyes is relative. If you have a large face, your eyes may not appear big in comparison to your facial features when in fact they are. Similarly, if you have a small face and features, your eyes will likely also be small, even if they appear large in comparison to the rest of your face.
- You must have some natural eyelashes for the magnets to attach to. Your natural lashes will be sandwiched between the micro-magnets of the Glue-Free Falsies™. Not everyone’s eyelash growth starts at the same place along their eyelid. Most people’s eyelashes start about 6mm from the inner corner of their eye. This is where you want the inner edge of your Glue-Free Falsies™ to be. Even if you have eyelashes all the way to the inner corner of your eye, you do not want your Glue-Free Falsies™ positioned immediately at the inner corner of your eye because they will not be comfortable.
- For most people, it looks best to not have Glue-Free Falsies™ extend all the way to the outer edge of their natural lashes. This will give the illusion of the outer eye angling upwards, similar to the effect of winged eyeliner. Position your Glue Free Falsies™ about 2-4 mm from the end of your natural eyelash growth at the outer edge of your eye.
Keeping the above factors in mind, use the following instructions to measure your lash line:
- Cut two strips of waxed dental floss— one 28 mm and one 30 mm. (Dollface is 28 mm wide, Audrey and Olivia are 30 mm.) Waxed dental floss works best because it is slightly rigid and can be bent into the shape of your eyelid.
- Apply black mascara to your natural eyelashes and let it dry. This will make it easier to see exactly where your natural lashes are.
- Place each piece of dental floss along your lash line to determine which width will fit best. Remember, Dollface can be trimmed up to 2 mm and Audrey and Olivia can be trimmed up to 5 mm.